Dear Associates / Members / Fellows,
The Paediatric Update No. 1 of our College is scheduled to be held on 29 May 2016 (Sunday afternoon) from 2pm to 5pm at Queen Elizabeth Hospital. The focus is on "Sports Medicine and Home Accidents in Paediatrics". Several exciting talks will be delivered by our local experts. We look forward to your support and participation in this CME activity. Please register early with the College Secretariat if car parking is required. For programme details, please refer to Poster.
Please note that an Extra-Ordinary General meeting (EGM) will be held during this seminar for admission of new College Fellows who passed the exit examination in December 2015.
April College Newsletter
To: All Fellows, Members and Associates of the College,
Please find the April College newsletter for your information.
Hong Kong College of Paediatricians
Re: 2016 - 2017 Specialist Training Course in Paediatrics
We are pleased to inform you that the 2016-2017 Specialist Training Course in Paediatrics is now open for registration. Attached please find an application form and a course prospectus for your information. Please kindly fill in the application form and mail it to our College Secretariat together with the cheque before 1 April 2016 (Friday).
Please kindly note that application without payment will NOT be processed.
Thank you for your attention.
Please be informed that the next MRCPCH Applied Knowledge in Practice Examination will be held on 10th May 2016. Candidates wishing to sit the above exam in HK must apply both online using the RCPCH website ( https://www.rcpch.ac.uk/user ) AND submit paper applications to our College. Please study carefully the details of application as outlined in the attached circular.
22 February 2016 – 9 March 2016
Payment should be made payable to Hong Kong College of Paediatricians.
Attached please find an Application Form C for your use.
1. All theory exams have been moved to computer-based testing since January 2015. Please refer to the RCPCH website for more CBT information:
2. Sample examination questions are available on the RCPCH website for candidates viewing. Candidates sitting for CBT exams are strongly advised to study these sample questions at this link ( http://www.rcpch.ac.uk/theoryexams/samplepapers).
3. Candidates can sit the MRCPCH theory exams in any order, and are allowed to take the Applied Knowledge in Practice Exam as their first MRCPCH theory exam.
4. Those candidates who have never taken an exam with the RCPCH and/or do not have an RCPCH number are advised to first register with the RCPCH well before the application period. Until your registration is accepted you are not able to apply for any examinations online. You need to have a RCPCH number in order to access your online application forms for your exams.
Thank you for your kind attention.
The next Exit Assessment of the College will be held on 16th June 2016 (Thursday). Attached please find an announcement, application form, FORM A and FORM B for your information. Members wishing to sit this Exit Assessment can send your completed applications to the College from now until 1st April 2016 (Friday).
Please be reminded to include FORM A (Record of Higher Training in Paediatrics) and FORM B (Checklist for Dissertations) in your submission. Both hard and soft copies of your dissertations should also be submitted.
1. For all trainees who started their basic paediatric training on or after 1st July 2009, a proof of completion of a formal Child Protection Course within their 6-year Paediatric Training Programme should be submitted along with the application.
2. Dissertations submitted for this Exit Assessment will be considered for the 2016 Best Dissertation Prize awarded by the College. Case reports will not be considered for the Prize.
Thank you for your kind attention.
Page 1 of 21