Dear Fellows and Members of the Hong Kong College of Paediatricians,
The Paediatric Respiratory Medicine (PRM) is now recognised as a Paediatric Subspecialty in the Hong Kong College of Paediatricians, it has been registered in the Specialist Register in The Medical Council of Hong Kong since May 2016.
The PRM Subspecialty Board now invites application from trainees for enrolment in the Training Programme. Please kindly find enclosed files of Training Programme information together with Training Application Form for your attention. Information is also available at the College website: www.paediatrician.org.hk
Please be reminded that the start of training programme will commence any time after 1 April 2017. The deadline for enrollment of the PRM Training Programme will be on 31 March 2017. Applicants will be invited for an interview after the deadline of enrollment.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.
Dr Yat-cheung, Alfred Tam
Paediatric Respiratory Medicine Subspecialty Board
cc Dr Shu-yan, David Lam
Hon Secretary, PRM Subspecialty Board
Please be informed that the next MRCPCH Applied Knowledge in Practice Examination will be held on 9th May 2017. Candidates wishing to sit the above exam in HK must apply both online using the RCPCH website ( https://www.rcpch.ac.uk/user ) AND submit paper applications to our College. Please study carefully the details of application as outlined in the attached circular.
20 February 2017 – 8 March 2017
Payment should be made payable to Hong Kong College of Paediatricians.
Attached please find an Application Form C for your use.
1. All theory exams have been moved to computer-based testing since January 2015. Please refer to the RCPCH website for more CBT information:
2. Sample examination questions are available on the RCPCH website for candidates viewing. Candidates sitting for CBT exams are strongly advised to study these sample questions at this link (http://www.rcpch.ac.uk/theoryexams/samplepapers ).
3. Candidates can sit the MRCPCH theory exams in any order, and are allowed to take the Applied Knowledge in Practice Exam as their first MRCPCH theory exam.
4. Those candidates who have never taken an exam with the RCPCH and/or do not have an RCPCH number are advised to first register with the RCPCH well before the application period. You are not able to apply for any examinations online until your registration is accepted. You need to have a RCPCH number in order to access your online application forms for your exams.
Thank you for your kind attention.
The next Exit Assessment of the College will be held on 15th June 2017 (Thursday). Attached please find an announcement, application form, FORM A and FORM B for your information. Members wishing to sit this Exit Assessment can send your completed applications to the College from now until 31st March 2017 (Friday).
Please be reminded to include FORM A (Record of Higher Training in Paediatrics) and FORM B (Checklist for Dissertations) in your submission. Both hard and soft copies of your dissertations should also be submitted.
1. For all trainees who started their basic paediatric training on or after 1st July 2009, a proof of completion of a formal Child Protection Course within their 6-year Paediatric Training Programme should be submitted along with the application.
2. Dissertations submitted for this Exit Assessment will be considered for the 2017 Best Dissertation Prize awarded by the College. Case reports will not be considered for the Prize.
Thank you for your kind attention.
To All Fellows of the Hong Kong College of Paediatricians
Please spend a few minutes to read this IMPORTANT announcement about the Accreditation of the Subspecialty of Genetics and Genomics [Paediatrics]. The College is also calling interested Fellows to apply for accreditation as FIRST FELLOW in the Subspecialty. The application form is attached. Please also note that the deadline for application is 6th March 2017 (Monday).
Dr Chok Wan CHAN
Director of Subspecialty Boards
10th January 2017
To: All Fellows, Members and Associates of the College,
Please find attached the above College Newsletter for your information.
Hong Kong College of Paediatricians
Page 1 of 25